Tuesday 29 September 2015

Greece: CCF member Gerasimos Tsakolos announces he has been on hunger strike since September 14th for Evi Statiri

















Imprisoned Conspiracy of Cells of Fire member Gerasimos Tsakolos has released a statement announcing that he has been on a hunger strike since the 14th of September to demand the release of his life partner Evi Statiri who has also been on hunger strike since the same date.

"...There are many things I want to say, but in such moments as this, actions speak louder than words. Since September 14th, Evi has been on a hunger strike for her release. Since September 14th I have stood by her just like she has stood by me in recent years having conducted a hunger strike since that day despite the advice of doctors not to do so due to it being too soon since the end of my previous hunger strike. My only request is the release of Evi. A hunger strike is the only weapon available to me as a prisoner to stand in solidarity with Evi."

Full text of the statement (Greek language) is available HERE